Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Ethan!!


Yesterday Ethan turned five years old.  He has been pretty excited about the whole prospect of being five and we have been reminding him daily for the last couple of weeks that he only had so many days left of being four.  On Saturday night Jaron told him that he only had a few hours left of being four and Ethan simply said, "well then I better enjoy them."

Above he is looking very serious about the boat that Papa and Gramma picked out for him.  He was thrilled even though you can't tell by his facial expression.  He keeps asking when we can go try it out, but we haven't had a chance yet.
Above is the basketball hoop cookies I made for his Sunday School class and K4 class luncheon party.  They are sugar cookies with white icing on half to look like a backboard. There is a mini cupcake for the hoop and a chocolate basketball.  I thought they came out pretty cute.  I made the icing and orange decorating gel myself.  Ethan got a real kick out of them.


2 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

"Well, I better enjoy them."...applicable in so many ways!
Half way through I noticed you changed your layout and got totally distracted. Good job. Just last night I thought it was time for some blog redecorating of my own.

Gloria said...

Wow on the cookies...a mommy of 4 and still able to pull off special cookies - very nice!

Happy Birthday to your Ethan too!