Saturday, May 10, 2008

CELEBRATE LIFE...

So we just spent the last three days at Olivet Nazarene University for our churches regional Celebrate Life.  It's a yearly event where our teens go to compete in sports, music, art and drama.  We always have a great time, this year was no exception.  Glen and I enjoy the opportunity and privilege to spend time with some of our favorite people.  We always learn from them and have a lot of fun.  I have to say that we always come home more exhausted then each of the previous years, we must be getting old.  I spent an hour or so watching hundreds of teenagers walking through campus today and speaking of old, I've gotta tell you I was having flashbacks.  I saw kids with t-shirts that had big words on the front - kinda like the ones we wore in the 80s that said stuff like "RELAX."  I also saw mullets and big hair, they're making some sort of comeback I suppose.  I thought I was watching the Wedding Singer or something because several girls had that Rock n' Roll big hair.

The other thing that was making me feel old was that I was finding the mommy mode kicking in when I saw sagging pants on girls no less and girls skin tight jeans on boys.  I have forbidden any girls in my youth group to date boys that wear girls jeans.  It's just sick, sick I tell you.  

I must end tonight's blog with a shout out to some wonderful people that helped make the weekend possible and that would be Jay and Janeen Harding, Carol and Jeff Barbee, and John and Rhonda Flack.  They took care of our children while we spent time with other people's children.  Thank you for everything you do to make our family feel valued and special.  You guys are the best.

Evan got to come Friday and Saturday and spend some fun time with Glen and I by himself.  You'll have to check out his thoughts on "the funny things my kids say" to see what he thought about the campus cafeteria, cracked us up.

  

1 comment:

Gloria said...

I so don't get the whole skinny jean thing. One of my co-workers was freaked out because she found her son going through her old jeans and trying them on (she still had some skinny jeans from back in the day). Her son couldn't figure out what the big deal was and she basically told him that he was not allowed to wear her clothes and to stay out of her closet!