Saturday, July 5, 2008

We're Back!!

We are finally back home in good ol' Galesburg, Illinois.  We left Boston on Tuesday and took our time just enjoying the scenery and Children's Museums along the way.  I took over 500 hundred pictures, so I am trying to narrow down what I will actually post.  I didn't want to bore anyone with one of those horrific "Our Family Vacation" slideshows with tacky music - you know the one's I'm talking about, you'd go to one of your parent's friends house for dinner and sit and watch a thousand pictures of people you hardly knew.  Anyway, I thought I'd spare you the pain.

Glen and I only have one regret from our entire trip...yesterday...we had the bright idea of going to a waterpark with the kids as a last hoo-haa before we arrived home.  It was an overcast day and pretty chilly, but the kids were stoked about it so we decided to go.  By the time we left, he and I were rock lobster red.  We spent a whole week at the beach and didn't get any degree of burn, but take us to a concrete slab and now you could fry an egg on us.  The kids were spared of any cancerous, careless, fire-hot broiling, but Glen and I were idiots.  We are so mad at ourselves and completely embarrassed.  We kept calling ourselves idiots while we spread the aloe-vera all over.  At one point, I started to blame him, saying I wanted to leave earlier, but all he could do was laugh at me, because I have raccoon eyes.  (Side note - my girlfriend Melodie is always on my case about not wearing sunglasses, so I've been wearing them more and apparently they worked.)  We got into such a giggling frenzy that my skin was hurting from the laughing.  We were quite a sight.

Other than that we had an absolutely wonderful time with my parents and having special family time.  If you get the opportunity to spend quality time with your parents, husband and kids this summer, do it.  It is priceless.

2 comments:

SenoraSabrosita said...

Nothing like family time together. Did you do alot of traveling growing up with your family? I think I recall you going up to the Cape when you were a teenager? We're headed down to Orlando for a coference end of July without the kids!! The kids will be at Guido's parents and we'll be in a 5 star hotel. I can't wait to be alone for a few days, but I so enjoy the times we have as a family too.

Mel said...

You will thank me one day when the rest of your body is wrinkly and saggy but your eyes are absolutly FAB-YOU-LUSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least I know you are FINALLY starting to listen to me.
Love,
Me