Saturday, July 26, 2008

It's the Greek in me...


As I've gotten older I have truly acquired a taste for Mediterranean food.  The last few days my taste buds have been craving Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie).  Since there are not a lot of Ethnic restaurants in Galesburg, it was up to me to try and make some.  I wasn't sure it would turn out so good, but it actually turned out delicious. (that's actually it in pixs above) Surprised myself!  By the way if you've ever seen "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"  my family is the greeks and Glen's is the dry toast.  Not sure either of those is a good thing, but we're stuck with each other.  Good thing my dry toast likes spunk!

5 comments:

Gloria said...

I am quite impressed Mrs. Weatherly! I thought that was a "borrowed" picture and to find out that it is yours - wow, a very nice presentation.

gideonmommasita said...

Feta cheese in salads is another Greek item that is yummy!

SenoraSabrosita said...

Guido and I relate all too well to the My Big Fat Greek Wedding movie, his huge Puerto Rican family is the greek family and my family is quiet compaired to his. Love cooking with feta and chevre cheeses.

Gigi said...

I can't say I relate to the family so much, but my wedding was very similar to what she went through in the movie! What's in the pie?

Tavia said...

Feta and Ricotta. Fresh Parsley, Fresh Garlic and onions. Eggs and Spinach with Phyllo crust. Very yummy! I can only imagine that your wedding day was like that.