Thursday, July 17, 2008

An Afternoon at the Pond with Friends

Today we went fishing with Steve and Seth Peachey.  We went to a little pond by their house and fished off of a little bridge.  I went with the anticipation of running after Lydia the entire time, but to my surprise she was relaxed and really wanted to fish.  

We were there for about an hour and a half and Lydia and I only caught one fish.  Ethan caught three, Seth caught three and Evan caught SIXTEEN.  No that isn't a typo.  He would drop his line and catch within a couple of minutes time.  It was ridiculous.  Steve and I were laughing around 7 and 8, seeing as Lydia and I hadn't caught one yet.  

It is in his blood.  He has a long line of fishing lovers in the Haralambou/Ardine family.  Evan absolutely loved it.  I decided that the fish knew I was on the other end of the line and refused to bite.  I remember too many "family days" that consisted of fishing and crabbing growing up.  Before Daniel was born I would sit on the beach/shore/bridge/pier and read magazines and bask in the sun, after he was born I was the babysitter.  I just didn't get into the whole fishing thing.  Funny thing is, Daniel doesn't care for it either.  Just the two of us, because the rest of my family loves it.  Nick is borderline obsessed with it.

So now I've got a fisherman in my own family.  Good thing is I truly enjoyed watching them fish.  I got a kick out of Evan pulling them in.  I laughed at Ethan because, like me he was content to do anything else...and Lydia she touched all sixteen of those fish and threw a few back herself.  The boys didn't want to touch the fish or the worms, Lydia on the other hand couldn't keep her hands off them.

It was a great fishing day!  Thanks Steve and Seth

2 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

Josh's co-worker dropped off 3 fishing poles today ... unfortunately Josh is the only one who likes to fish but I have never seen him catch anything but a puffer fish or a ray. I love it that Lydia touched the fish! Elise asked a beach walker if she could touch their snake...the boys won't even do that. Bold Women indeed.

gideonmommasita said...

I like your music player, music too for that matter