Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Imagination of Children

Even though the volume of noise in my home is at an all time high, I still feel blessed to hear the sounds of pitter-patter on hardwood floors and little voices using their expansive imaginations.  It amazes me that my 2 1/2 year old is right in the middle of the creativity, putting in her two cents worth of ideas (and they are actually listening to her).  In these moments, there is harmony and unity among them and their camaraderie is something the world could learn from.  They are weaving their ideas together and having fun.  The only two downsides to it all is the mess that they ensue and loudness they impose.  But I try to remember that they are getting along for the moment and that I should savor the moment.  

3 comments:

Gigi said...

Thanks for the reminder. Sometimes the noise can be so overwhelming. One day when it's just Victor and me sitting alone in a quiet home, I'm sure we will miss it so.

gideonmommasita said...

You've been tagged. List 6 things we don't know about you. Please.:)

Gloria said...

My world is a quiet one, Arthur is the loudest one in the house when he is practicing his guitar or has CNBC finance shows blasting. So when we went to the Figueroa's earlier in the year I was just overloaded with the kid produced noise! I looked at her and asked if it was just this loud because they were excited that I was there...she looked at me and without a second thought said "no - this is normal". I was amazed! Such noise from such little bodies.