Sunday, November 9, 2008

Time Flies



I know I say this every year (except for the year I waited to turn 16, so I could drive)... it just seems like this year has flown by so fast.

We have had a whirlwind of wonderful things in 2008, I just can't believe were almost to the middle of November. It seems like as soon as November 1st comes, you blink and you're into a new year. I was filling in our calendar for the rest of the year and we have something every single weekend.

My prayer for you and I is that we don't let time slip away from us. What do you do to shut out the noise? What do you do to stop time? How do you brand moments on your heart and the hearts of your loved one's so that they will last a life time? I'd love to hear about them.

We are planning to have a family night packed with lots of fun and remembrance. We are going to take down the family calendar and go through each month and talk about the neat things that God has allowed us to experience this year. Definitely not like its as monumental as crossing the Red Sea, but we have stones of our own to help our children remember what Christ has done in our lives. I don't know if this year has been difficult or pretty easy for you, but God is good all the time. I hope you find the time to reflect on His goodness and remember His grace.

5 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

Fantastic! Josh and I discussed today talking with the boys about what God has been doing in their lives recently and how far they've come since babies.
Are you talking noisy kids or the noise of the idols trying to tear me away from what's important?

Tavia said...

The idols.

Gloria said...

The calendar idea is wonderful. Just to stop and reflect on the year and how far you have come as a family, how much you have experienced. I think it is so easy to get caught up in the busy pace of life, the distractions and the pressures, that we miss the big picture. I recently went back and looked through my blog and saw all the various expereinces Arthur and I had this year that we already forgot about. I feel like I am in a mad dash to January 1st -work is picking up the responsibiities knowing that my days are numbered and my home life feels more chaotic and stressful even though every thing within me is screaming to slow down.

So as much as I don't want to blink and miss all the celebrations and moments until 2009, another part of me is just ready for it to be here so that I can start the next phase of our life.

gideonmommasita said...

I have been getting together with Jule and a couple of other moms on Fridays to do a Bible study in the park and that has been incredibly helpful realising that we all are battling the idols but through singing, thankfulness and resting in the peace of God are we more than conquerors!

Anonymous said...

Tav! The calendar idea is a good one. I never thought about doing that. I know Riley is young but Timothy and I could do this and include our children as they grow older. Thanks for another one of your brillant ideas.