Thursday, November 13, 2008

How often do you second guess yourself?

Do you remember what it was like being a teenager and thinking you've got the world pretty much figured out? Those days seem like lifetimes ago...as I age I found that I second guess myself a lot.

It's not like I'm making many life altering decisions, but the little ones seem to take more courage and thought than they use to. Does that mean I'm more mature in my thinking process or am I more apprehensive than ever before. Maybe a little of both?

Today I had to get Ethan vaccinated with his second MMR shot, we thought we'd done it last year when he started at Galesburg Christian, but hadn't. I had to tell Ethan as we pulled into the doctor's office parking lot that he was indeed there for a shot. The last 24 hours I have been pondering him getting the immunization. It's such a standard shot, but that 1 in a million still stands out to me. A little boy two houses down from where we lived in Jacksonville was one of those 1 in a million. Needless to say, every time any of the kids has had to get their shots, I go through the whole thing of second guessing it all.

On a less mental note, I have never gotten my hair colored before and second guessed myself right into the salon chair. I did it and now I keep looking in the mirror and wondering, did I make the right choice? Thank goodness it wasn't a heaven or hell decision, but still if I had the chance to relive it, would I have made the same choice?

Do you ever second guess? What about? Love to hear your input.

3 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

Do I kill the kids for running through the house for the millionth time now or later?

Gloria said...

Do I every second guess myself? All the time...about everything!

Gigi said...

Not only am I foregetful, but also indecisive. I am always second guessing myself, and when I go against my "gut" feeling, I regret it. I'm not sure if I was like this when I was young.