Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mercy, Mercy ME!

So last night I got an invitation to go to a BeBo Norman/Mercy Me concert with some great friends from church. We ate at Panera before the show and all sat together and enjoyed the concert. I found that I kept giggling to myself throughout the concert because I didn't stand up once and neither did anyone else for that matter until the final song. I kept thinking, I need to get up and do something, but I didn't do anything. This is sharp contrast to the Toby Mac concert I went to several months back...where I stood for the entire concert except one song and thought then....I'm getting to old for this. So where does that leave me?

My spirit was willing, but my flesh was weak. What else in my life parallels this silliness? This is a question I'm sure to ponder over the next several weeks, I just wonder if I'll be standing or sitting as I sort it all out.

4 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

Great Post...mercy and grace...I am so thankful...there is so much silliness in my walk.

gideonmommasita said...

How cool that you have music&video of Toby Mac in your sidebar! AND you got to see him in concert! He was just in Jacksonville...we were dreaming about seeing him but it didn't happen. Elise does a pretty good TrueDog inpersonation.

Tavia said...

our kids do truedog pretty good as well. They can sing almost the songs on that album from memory.

Gloria said...

I haven't been to a concert in years. In the last 15 years I've been to a Casting Crowns concert and Night of Joy...that's been it. Oh wait...in South Florida I did go to 2 Ricky Martin concerts - one when he was still only in the latin market and one when he had just broken into the US market. Boy did I shake my bon-bon at those! We went to Miami and it was cool because there were all these generations of hispanic families kids to grandma's there enjoying the music and dancing in the aisles.