Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Room Fit for a Princess

When Lydia was born, we just put her in Ethan's old room and added pink.  I didn't know what I wanted to do with her room, so I said that when she got older I would decide.  Well two years later, I really wanted to makeover her room and decided for her birthday in January that I would.  As soon as I took her crib down and everything off the walls, we decided to go on Sabbatical, so we left her  room empty.  When we got home, I started right away in fear it would sit like it was for another two years.  

Painstakingly I removed the "Radio Flyer" border and began the painting process.  Glen decided to pitch in after all the wall paper was down (thank you very much) and helped me paint.  Then a wonderful craftsmen and friend, Steve Koss; took a photograph I had of the bed I wanted and made it a reality.  It was exactly what I wanted and Lydia will have a beautiful piece of furniture to cherish for the rest of her life.  We added the final touches to her room this morning...So 2 years, 2 months, 19 days, 7 hours and 43 minutes after our little princess arrived, she finally has a room to call her own.  



No comments: