Sunday, March 9, 2008

Jaron receives an answer to prayer.




(To hear Jaron's Speech go down to music and hit pause button, then come back up and hit the play button!)

On Friday we went to Peoria Christian School for their Annual ACSI Regional Speech Meet.  Jaron had won the speech meet at school in January and was representing Galesburg Christian School along with about 10 other students.  He admitted to being a little nervous, but he did an outstanding job.  Jaron got a Superior Rating and a blue ribbon for his efforts and we were just so proud of him.  He is becoming such a outstanding young man. 

During the closing ceremonies they picked one student from each school that they considered an exemplary student to recite their speech for the entire assembly.  Jaron was picked and he got to go first.  We were so excited.  He walked up to the microphone and began his fable.  I quickly grabbed my camera to record the milestone and tried not to shake as I teared up realizing how incredibly privileged and honored I am to be his mom.  Again, he did a fantastic job.  His dad, brothers and sister looking on in awe as he delivered a flawless speech.

As soon as he took his seat, he leaned over and whispered to me.  "Mom, Mom,  I prayed to God this morning and asked him to let me say my speech in front of everyone for Him, and he answered my prayer, he really answered my prayer!"  

Jaron will never forget this day, not because he was diligent in studying and practicing his speech and not even because of God's grace to allow him to do so well, but because he will mark Friday, March 7, 2008 as the first day that he realized that God really answers prayer; his prayers.  What an incredible gift!   

6 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

Sounds like you're almost as honored that he had an answer to prayer as the speech meet! Very sweet! I felt the same way when the boys have had their piano recitals.

Gloria said...

Way to go Jaron!! Congratulations!

Mommyof4 said...

Great Job Jaron!! We are so proud of you!!

Love,
Aunt Greta, Uncle Tom, Bradley, Ryan, Tyler and Hallie

Mel said...

I can barely type because of the tears welling up in my eyes. How I would have loved to have been there, to have shared that moment with you. I'm so proud of this young man whom I love so dearly and tenderly. This child, Jaron, who I so enthusiastically proclaimed,"It's a girl!!" when he was born and was quickly corrected that "this means it is a boy..." Thank goodness I was wrong because what a mighty man of God was born that day in July. Congratulations to an amazing fellow, son and big brother. We love you. I'm going to Ikea today. Ha.
Love,
Mel
but with my mother-in-law.....

Grammajax said...

I am so sorry I wasn't there for your big day. I am so proud of you and want to hug and kiss you. You are so smart and it shows. I love you and want you to know it.

Nick said...

Jaron is the MAN!!! CONGRATULATIONS DUDE!!

Uncle Nick