Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Is that a rock in your ear or are you just hard of hearing?

We do our weekly paper route on Wednes-
days after 
school.  Today we had a little bit of a detour because we were going to visit some apartments to take pictures to send to the new pastor and his wife that are coming to join us in ministry in the next couple of months (breathe) so that they can make a decision on where they would like to live.  We were half way there when Ethan said "Mom, I have a rock in my ear."  I was wrapped up in talking with Glen when Ethan repeated, "Mom, I have a rock in my ear."  This time I took notice and said, "What did you just say?" (maybe I had something in my ear?)  "Mom, I have a rock in my ear."  I proceeded to ask him how it got there and the story went a little bit like this..."I was at school, laying on my mat during rest time and there was a rock on the floor.  I picked it up and stuck it in my ear."  "Ethan!! undo your seat belt and come up here so daddy can look in your ear."  Half believing what he said..."Yep, there's a rock in there alright,"  Glen said.  

Thankfully our doctor is a good friend and Glen called him and asked if he was still in his office.  We raced over and Glen and Ethan went in to see him.  Fourty-five minutes later, Glen and Ethan emerged from the doctor's office with a plate full of brownies and a tiny pebble for the scrapbook.

1 comment:

SenoraSabrosita said...

I shared this story at dinner with Guido and for the rest of the night Xavi kept telling me he had a rock in his ear! I guess I better watch what I say around the little one!